"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." —Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

The hardest question for me to answer in this world is always the "Tell us all about you" question. The best way for me to answer is that "I am composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice."

Click here for your favorite eBay items

 

 

Click here to become 
a LinkShare Affiliate!

-->

 RSS

  Add to Technorati Favorites
< ?  * >

Powered by Blogger

8.28.2006

Lesbian Barbie

Barbie the Lesbian It seems to me that being a lesbian and being a proper lady are not mutually exclusive, but Mattel thinks differently. In this day and age, aren't women allowed to be whatever kind of women they want to be and still be seen as "proper"? What is this world coming to when Barbie can't be seen as gay in public? Personally, it gives me a lot more respect for her - now I might actually be able to see her as a strong role model for young women. Someone who can stand on her own and make her own decisions instead of just worrying about her wardrobe.

From Chaos Theory

Technorati tag:

Belhoste: Lesbian Barbie » Composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice

Links to this post:

Comments on "Lesbian Barbie"

 

Blogger CGHill said ... (8/29/2006 7:56 AM) : 

After all those years with ultra-bland Ken, it's hard to blame Barbie for, um, looking elsewhere.

 

Blogger Belhoste said ... (8/30/2006 6:44 PM) : 

I think you make a very good point.

Personally, I think she she and Ken just had an arrangement in their relationship - keeping up appearances. You can't tell me that any guy who dresses as well as Ken isn't gay.

 

post a comment

 

current blog