"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." —Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

The hardest question for me to answer in this world is always the "Tell us all about you" question. The best way for me to answer is that "I am composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice."

Click here for your favorite eBay items

 

 

Click here to become 
a LinkShare Affiliate!

-->

 RSS

  Add to Technorati Favorites
< ?  * >

Powered by Blogger

5.11.2006

Make mine family

My brother, and fellow computer geek, was in town this week with his family. They arrived late Tuesday evening and they are leaving sometime this morning. Which left us just Wednesday evening to spend some time together. I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

My brother and I were able to talk about all those geeky things that makes the eyes of others just glaze over. We talked about iPods, High Definition television, laptops versus desktops, the old BBS days, and the benefits and drawbacks of our respective DVR systems.

We realized that one of the biggest things we have in common is in our choice of partners (his wife and my life partner). Both of our significant others demand from each of us that we let the warranties lapse before trying anything we have seen on MAKE.

Technorati tag:

Belhoste: Make mine family » Composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice

Links to this post:

Comments on "Make mine family"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5/11/2006 4:16 PM) : 

so where do you and brother stand on those who patent such advancements in the arts and sciences?

 

Blogger Belhoste said ... (5/12/2006 8:20 AM) : 

While I can't speak for my brother, it seems to me that those who patent their inventions are leading the way for those who tinker with the inventions from those patents. We all stand on the shoulders of those who come before us, but in the long run it takes the tinkerers to build the better mousetrap. In the event that I was ever able to build a better mousetrap and obtain a patent of my own, I would certainly give much credit to those people that gave me the ideas from which I started.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5/12/2006 11:18 AM) : 

very thoughtful, interesting blog - thanks

 

post a comment

 

current blog