"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." —Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

The hardest question for me to answer in this world is always the "Tell us all about you" question. The best way for me to answer is that "I am composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice."

Click here for your favorite eBay items

 

 

Click here to become 
a LinkShare Affiliate!

-->

 RSS

  Add to Technorati Favorites
< ?  * >

Powered by Blogger

5.02.2006

Let's talk about geocaching

Somewhere within my daily search through the Internet I stumbled across the term geocaching. I thought to myself - WTF is that? So I started searching for a little more information.

Basically, geocaching is similar to treasure hunting, but for trinkets instead of gold. The fun is in the hiding or finding not in the treasure itself. There are geocoins involved in some geocaching adventures. Although, I think you could take your metal detector out there and do a little of both.

This is more of what I found:
  • You can learn how to geocache at WikiHow
  • There is an official global site for geocaching
  • It requires a GPS unit to engage in it
  • There are books written on it
Overall this sounds like it would be an adventure, but I think I will stick with having no particular destination in mind for my wilderness treks.

Technorati tag:

Belhoste: Let's talk about geocaching » Composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice

Links to this post:

Comments on "Let's talk about geocaching"

 

post a comment

 

current blog