"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." —Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

The hardest question for me to answer in this world is always the "Tell us all about you" question. The best way for me to answer is that "I am composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice."

Click here for your favorite eBay items

 

 

Click here to become 
a LinkShare Affiliate!

-->

 RSS

  Add to Technorati Favorites
< ?  * >

Powered by Blogger

8.26.2007

Who knew

TARDIS in Trouble I spent part of my evening last night at a local hangout. Someone managed to notice my iPhone wallpaper which is currently the "TARDIS in Trouble" from the Icon Factory.

The conversation went something like this:

him: "cool - the TARDIS"
me: "yeah - you a fan?"
him: "oh yeah - Who is your favorite Doctor?"
me: "Jon Pertwee"
him: ...confused look...silence "oh, the third doctor"
me: "yeah"
him: "don't you wish more people knew about Doctor Who"
me: "no, not really - I like knowing that I am a minority. I enjoy being someone who can choose what I like without the help of the voice of the masses. Don't you?"
him: "it would just be nice if more people knew about it"
me: "well it was nice chatting with you"

Hasty exit - stage left....

You know - he never asked me about anyone other than the doctor. If he had, we would have had a pretty good conversation.

I have been a pretty big fan of the show since way back when it was shown on the local PBS. When I first started watching it, they were already on the fourth Doctor. It was K-9 that was my first reason to watch it and Nyssa that made me stay. The sidekicks (companions) were always the main draw for me to watch the show.

Technorati tag:

Labels:

Belhoste: Who knew » Composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice

Links to this post:

Comments on "Who knew"

 

post a comment

 

current blog