"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." —Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

The hardest question for me to answer in this world is always the "Tell us all about you" question. The best way for me to answer is that "I am composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice."

Click here for your favorite eBay items

 

 

Click here to become 
a LinkShare Affiliate!

-->

 RSS

  Add to Technorati Favorites
< ?  * >

Powered by Blogger

7.08.2006

A carnival of shoes

Converse All Stars I went to the Shoe Carnival in the area today on a whim (when all the best shoe shopping is done). I didn't really plan on buying anything, but I just couldn't pass on these Converse. They are a little girly (which is very unlike me), but still cool (which is so very like me).

In case you have never been to a Shoe Carnival before, I have to warn you about the annoying microphone usage and contests that are generally going on in the store. If you shop there often enough, then you learn to tune the noise out - which is what I normally do. However, this time I was actually listening and managed to win both contests that went on while I was there.
Contest #1: Can anyone name where the Hornets came from before they went to New Orleans (and ultimately here in Oklahoma City)?

Contest #2: The person with the most credit/debit cards in their name and on their person wins.
I had an unfair advantage to most of the other shoe shoppers in the store for contest #1 - I read Dustbury and occasionally don't just skim his postings about the Hornets being here in Oklahoma. For contest #2 I had not planned to participate until I heard that the person going to win the contest for most plastic in their wallet only had four cards - how could that be? Any good conspicuous consumer of America should have at least 10 or more on their person at all times just for the impulse shopping factor alone. Okay, I'm kidding about carrying all those cards at one time for everyone - I just happened be carrying a few too many on my person at the time and couldn't just let someone beat me with a lousy 4. That's like laying down two Aces when someone has a pair of twos - just shouldn't be done.

Technorati tag:

Belhoste: A carnival of shoes » Composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice

Links to this post:

Comments on "A carnival of shoes"

 

Blogger CGHill said ... (7/10/2006 3:27 PM) : 

For what it's worth, I just checked Ye Olde Wallet, and it contains six credit cards.

 

post a comment

 

current blog