"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." —Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

The hardest question for me to answer in this world is always the "Tell us all about you" question. The best way for me to answer is that "I am composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice."

Click here for your favorite eBay items

 

 

Click here to become 
a LinkShare Affiliate!

-->

 RSS

  Add to Technorati Favorites
< ?  * >

Powered by Blogger

5.30.2006

Movie: The Da Vinci Code

The Da Vinci Code Over the Memorial Day weekend, after my yearly trip to the cemetery, I went to go and see The Da Vinci Code movie. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised at Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon in the movie - he really did make you forget that he was once a Bosom Buddy way back in the day. I loved Audrey Tautou as Sophie Neveu.

Since I had not read the book prior to watching the movie for fear that it would spoil the suspense in the film (previous post), I was able to be surprised at some of the twists. I was also able to guess at other things and be proven right (or wrong). The film was thoroughly enjoyable. My plan now is to read the book and go watch the movie again.

Now for all the controversy: Grow up people. I didn't see this movie any more Earth shattering than National Treasure. Some of The Da Vinci Code is true and some of it is fiction. It is up to us to determine which is which. I thought it was great that it made you think about the way women are treated in general; that it made you examine your religious beliefs; and that it showed that anyone is capable of anything given the proper motivation. As far as all the religious controversy goes, my personal view on religion is: if religious beliefs can not stand up to basic questioning, then they should be completely re-examined for validity. Following anything blindly just leads all of us in circles. Asking questions and being truly educated in anything only leads to a deeper understanding and ultimately a stronger faith.

Technorati tag:

Belhoste: Movie: The Da Vinci Code » Composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice

Links to this post:

Comments on "Movie: The Da Vinci Code"

 

post a comment

 

current blog