"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." —Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

The hardest question for me to answer in this world is always the "Tell us all about you" question. The best way for me to answer is that "I am composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice."

Click here for your favorite eBay items

 

 

Click here to become 
a LinkShare Affiliate!

-->

 RSS

  Add to Technorati Favorites
< ?  * >

Powered by Blogger

3.31.2006

The way back machine

A strange thing happened to me on my travels around the web-o-sphere a couple of weeks ago. I know that right now you are thinking, "everything is strange about the Internet anymore - what's your point?" Well, this one was different than what had I expected (as good a definition for strange as any other). In my travels, I encountered a section of a blog that mentioned a time in my life of which I had all but forgotten (repressed?). The days of the bulletin board system (bbs) in the great state of Oklahoma.

As you can image it was a pretty small group of people (in comparison to Oklahoma computer users online today - as a matter of fact I am sure that at any given hour of the day there are more computer users online in Oklahoma than there was in a year back in the day of the Oklahoma bbs).

After I had regained consciousness and the feeling in my left pinky toe, I picked myself up off the floor and I decided to email this fine blog writer (and former bbser) and mention my surprise of seeing someone from 20 years ago the distant not so distant past.

We exchanged several emails back and forth about different things. Finally, it was decided that we should sit down and have a cup of coffee or two and talk about the "good ol' days." Appropriately enough, we chose the Day of Fools to meet and I am very much looking forward to it!

Technorati tag:

Belhoste: The way back machine » Composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice

Links to this post:

Comments on "The way back machine"

 

post a comment

 

current blog