"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." —Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

The hardest question for me to answer in this world is always the "Tell us all about you" question. The best way for me to answer is that "I am composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice."

Click here for your favorite eBay items

 

 

Click here to become 
a LinkShare Affiliate!

-->

 RSS

  Add to Technorati Favorites
< ?  * >

Powered by Blogger

1.03.2006

Morning people or mourning people?

For all of my life, unless forced otherwise, I have always been very much a night owl. Getting up early in the morning always felt more like punishment to me than something people do for fun. Morning to me is all about making sure that I have it all worked out to make sure that I arrive at work on time (or a close proximity to it).

Typically my weekday mornings all start out the same way for me to arrive at work at 8:00 a.m. I have an alarm clock with two, yes two, alarm settings. I set both of the alarm settings just for me. One alarm is set to the music alarm at 5:30 a.m. and the other is set to the most annoying sound on earth, shatter your ear-drums, large-vehicle reversing, beeping alarm for 6:00 a.m. The alarm clock is at the other side of the bedroom. When the music alarm goes off, I get out of bed and turn it completely off (it is my 30 minute warning). I immediately climb back into bed and fall to sleep. When the beeping alarm begins, I jump out of bed - knock the cat to the floor, trip over the dog, stub my toe on the chair, and hit the snooze alarm. This entire scenario is repeated (minus the cat - who isn't stupid enough to climb back up into the bed) until 7:00-7:15 a.m.; at which point I yell obscenities, rush around the house, and finally get ready for work. It generally takes me at least 30 minutes to get to work from my house.

I have been this way my entire life. I have been known to stay up all night rather than get up early in the morning.

The reason for this tangent was from reading this article: How To Become An Early Riser.
Belhoste: Morning people or mourning people? » Composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice

Links to this post:

Comments on "Morning people or mourning people?"

 

post a comment

 

current blog