"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." —Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

The hardest question for me to answer in this world is always the "Tell us all about you" question. The best way for me to answer is that "I am composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice."

Click here for your favorite eBay items

 

 

Click here to become 
a LinkShare Affiliate!

-->

 RSS

  Add to Technorati Favorites
< ?  * >

Powered by Blogger

12.08.2005

Shame in the fridge...

I remember way back when I was living in a house with several roommates. Most everyone was in college and would come and go all the time. People would move in and out just about every sememster. Well, I had been living there long enough to see many people come and go. Inside this house, like most houses, there was a refrigerator which I almost never used because of the smell. One day I got it into my head to clean the refrigerator - I was kind of a clean freak then, but I got over it. The refrigerator was almost older than dirt and certainly hadn't been cleaned in several years.

I got out all the necessary fridge cleaning ingredients: hot water, baking soda, and vinegar. There was supposed to be some house rule that everything needed a label in the fridge or it was fair game, but no one really ever labeled anything. The first thing I did was start to remove everything. I take everything out of the door - checking for expiration dates and pitching anything older than me into the trash. I then start removing all item from the shelves with the same criteria for whether or not to trash it. The minute I opened the crisper, I regretted my idea to clean the refrigerator. A small creature of some kind had somehow gotten itself (or was placed) into the crisper and died.

This is the point where the fridge cleaning plan changed. Everything in the refrigerator and freezer was promptly removed, all surfaces were scrubbed with bleach, wiped down with hot water, put back together, and never touched (by me) again.

Have you ever found something in your refrigerator that was just too horrible to be identified?
Belhoste: Shame in the fridge... » Composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice

Links to this post:

Comments on "Shame in the fridge..."

 

post a comment

 

current blog