"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." —Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

The hardest question for me to answer in this world is always the "Tell us all about you" question. The best way for me to answer is that "I am composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice."

Click here for your favorite eBay items

 

 

Click here to become 
a LinkShare Affiliate!

-->

 RSS

  Add to Technorati Favorites
< ?  * >

Powered by Blogger

12.21.2006

Everybody must get sconed

Sconecutter Had a business meeting with one of the Silicon Desert companies which went just great. I was taken on a tour of a great company and we were able to talk shop for a couple of hours before I needed to meet the family for lunch. I will definitely consider them as a potential vendor in the very near future.

Lunch with the family was at one of my very favorite Utah restaurants, the Bamboo Hut. Every time I go to Utah it is one of the first places that I want to go to eat. I just love their teriyaki chicken and rice – although they put peas in their rice this time which just seems wrong! The restaurant is Hawaiian and is only open for about 4 hours a day. They used to be located in a small building just off of the BYU campus and the lines could reach lengths of about two city blocks. Now they are located in a larger building in a strip mall off of University Parkway. We stuffed ourselves with melt-in-your-mouth chicken and rice and noodles until we could barely move. Then we spent some time in the local mall to walk off the lunch.

Evening time was spent with the family for dinner after a quick trip to the Starbucks for more coffee. Discussion with the many nieces and nephews consisted whether the Nintendo DS Lite is better than the Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP). Personally, I like both of them it just depends on which games I want to play. I am one of those weird people who buy video game systems for the games and not for the system (which is why I haven’t bought a Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3) – no games yet). However, I took the stance with the nephews that the NDS is better because it comes in pink – and for the life of me I can’t figure out why they didn’t think that was a good reason :-).

The drive back to the hotel was punctuated by a detour to the Sconecutter where they have the world’s best scones and fry sauce (note: the fry sauce does not go on the scones – it goes on their very delicious seasoned fries). Our order consisted of scones (honey-butter and cinnamon), seasoned fries (with fry sauce), and a couple of milks with which to wash everything down. Some people have argued that Arctic Circle has the best fry sauce, but they just don’t know what they’re talking about.

Technorati tag:

Belhoste: Everybody must get sconed » Composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice

Links to this post:

Comments on "Everybody must get sconed"

 

post a comment

 

current blog