"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." —Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

The hardest question for me to answer in this world is always the "Tell us all about you" question. The best way for me to answer is that "I am composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice."

Click here for your favorite eBay items

 

 

Click here to become 
a LinkShare Affiliate!

-->

 RSS

  Add to Technorati Favorites
< ?  * >

Powered by Blogger

4.14.2006

Removal of the middle

Many, many years ago I found out something very interesting about my family history and the way it effected me. Like most American's, I have a first name, middle name, and last name (in that order). And also, like most American's, I hate at least one of my given names. My mother swears that my first name is French and that it did not come from her favorite soap opera star of the day. I like my first name even though it seems like most people get it wrong. My middle name, I was told, came from some distant relative in my family tree. Now this is an acceptable reason for having a hick middle name. You can tell people who ask: "Yeah it is a stupid/crappy/weird name but I was named after my great, great, great Aunt on my Father's side."

However, later in life I found out that I was never actually named after anyone - my middle name had been made up somewhere along the way and never appeared in any ancestral records. My revenge for this was to have my middle name surgically removed from the rest of my name. I am sure it will later give the genealogy people hell.

And for those of you who want to know what my middle name was - too bad. I won't tell you. I had it removed for a reason. I will let you guess though... some guesses that I have gotten over the years to get you started:
  • Eugene
  • Althea
  • Fritz
  • Didina


Technorati tag:

Belhoste: Removal of the middle » Composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice

Links to this post:

Comments on "Removal of the middle"

 

post a comment

 

current blog