"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." —Mark Twain

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

The hardest question for me to answer in this world is always the "Tell us all about you" question. The best way for me to answer is that "I am composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice."

Click here for your favorite eBay items

 

 

Click here to become 
a LinkShare Affiliate!

-->

 RSS

  Add to Technorati Favorites
< ?  * >

Powered by Blogger

2.07.2006

the art of math

I have a love/hate relationship with math. I think that it is absolutely fascinating to understand the applications of mathematics, but I absolutely do not have the patience to work out a complex math formula unless I must for some reason. However, one of my all time favorite web sites has to be mathworld where they explain all sorts of great mathematical concepts that teachers never could get to stick in my brain. The reason for this tangent is that I was reading online the other day (not too sure which site it was) about a probability theory called "Benford's Law" that someone had made a flash application to test: Link. Then while I was watching the show NUMB3RS, it mentioned and briefly explained "Benford's Law" once again. I am not sure if there is a mathematical expression to define that string of coincidences or not - but I thought it best to blog about it and let the world figure it out.


Math as Art: Link. This is the Art of Justin Mullins he has taken different mathematical equations and worked them into artistic pieces. He currently is showing in the UK. Found on boing boing.

Belhoste: the art of math » Composed of contradictions and subject to change without notice

Links to this post:

Comments on "the art of math"

 

post a comment

 

current blog